Jacques Kallis, Zaheer Abbas and Lisa Sthalekar enter ICC's Hall of Fame - Sports Hitzs24

Monday, August 24, 2020

Jacques Kallis, Zaheer Abbas and Lisa Sthalekar enter ICC's Hall of Fame

 Jacques Kallis, Zaheer Abbas and Lisa Sthalekar enter ICC's Hall of Fame

Jacques Kallis, Zaheer Abbas and Lisa Sthalekar enter ICC's Hall of Fame
 

Jacques Kallis, Zaheer Abbas, and Lisa Sthalekar have been accepted into the ICC's Hall of Fame.

Kallis, who resigned from worldwide cricket in 2014, has been enlisted into the Hall of Fame nearly when he got qualified; the ICC rule commands a five-year hole after a player's last universal match. He is broadly viewed as one of cricket's extraordinary allrounders. Notwithstanding being the third-most-productive Test batsman ever, with 13,289 runs at a normal of 55.37, he additionally took 292 wickets at 32.65 with his quick medium swing bowling. He is the fourth South African accepted into Hall of Fame, after Graeme Pollock, Barry Richards, and Allan Donald.

Abbas is the 6th Pakistani in the Hall of Fame, after Hanif Mohammad, Imran Khan, Javed Miandad, Wasim Akram, and Waqar Younis. Abbas played Test cricket from 1969 to 1985 and was famous worldwide for being a rich stroke player with a huge hunger for runs. He scored 5062 Test-coordinate runs at 44.79, and remains the main subcontinental batsman to have scored more than 100 five star hundreds of years, an accomplishment that earned him the epithet 'The Asian Bradman'.

Sthalekar is the 27th Australian cricketer in the Hall of Fame, and the fifth Australian ladies' player after Belinda Clark, Betty Wilson, Karen Rolton and Cathryn Fitzpatrick. Sthalekar, who batted in the center request and bowled off-spin, finished her vocation in 2013 as one of the chief allrounders in ladies' cricket. With 2728 runs at 30.65 and 146 wickets at 24.97, she stays one of just five players to have finished the ladies' ODI twofold of 2000 runs and 100 wickets, with Ellyse Perry the main other Australian in that gathering. Sthalekar has been a piece of four World-Cup-winning Australia groups, winning the ODI title in 2005 and 2013 and the T20 title in 2010 and 2012.

"Never in my most extravagant fantasies did I accept that I could ever get the opportunity to join such a renowned gathering of players," Sthalekar said after the declaration. "I was blessed enough to gain from the best when I entered the Australia group - Belinda Clark, Karen Rolton, and Cathryn Fitzpatrick, every one of who has been drafted into the Hall of Fame, and which is all well and good. The direction from them and other colleagues en route kept me concentrated yet also guaranteed that it was a great domain."

Abbas joined Sthalekar in offering his thanks to the individuals who helped shape his vocation, while Kallis said it felt great to be acknowledged along these lines.

"I might want to express unique gratitude to my family, my nation Pakistan, my province Gloucestershire and numerous fans overall who helped me accomplish and satisfy my fantasies by playing this extraordinary game at the most significant level," Abbas said. "It is the last acknowledgment for any cricketer. This extraordinary game has made me the individual I am. Much thanks to your cricket."

"It is something that I never expected when I began playing," Kallis said. "I surely didn't play the game for any honors or anything like that, I just needed to dominate the matches for whoever I was playing for. In any case, it is ideal to be perceived when one has prevailed in the game, it is ideal to be perceived by individuals for something that you have accomplished in the game." 

No comments:

Post a Comment